We are seeking self-motivated artists searching for the time, space, and resources needed to explore ideas and create new work in a unique rural setting.
Chosen applicants will be provided studio space, access to studio equipment, and 1 year Art Center supporter membership.
If you are interested in becoming a future LAC Artist in Residence, please review the following information:
- Residency time period is 3 months.
- On a weekly basis, the resident is expected to assist with Saturday hours, class and office work, gallery operations, installing exhibitions, maintaining of gallery space and anything in between! 8 volunteer hours are required in exchange for studio space, access to equipment and assistance with securing housing.
- Studio workspace will be provided in
- Room and board are the responsibility of the artist. However, the LAC will assist to secure low cost housing.
- To encourage discipline in the production of art, the LAC requests a donation of one piece of artwork of your choosing created during your time as the resident. This artwork will become a future auction item in a LAC fundraiser.
- The artist must be present and actively working in their discipline. Those not able to dedicate studio time should not apply.
- Lander is a rural and remote community. Artists must be willing to take on certain challenges if this environment is unfamiliar to them.
Additional paid instructional hours for both youth and adult workshops and classes is available for those interested.
Artist in residences who take full advantage of the studio space, mentoring, exhibition and instruction opportunities and engage with our local artist community truly make the most of their experience to grow as an artist.
Applications are expected on a rolling basis.
To apply, please submit:
- letter of intent
- artist statement
- 5-10 digital images of your artwork
- artist resume
- 2 reference contacts
Application submitted to:
224 Main Street, Lander WY 82520